Attitude Foods - Recipes
Butterscotch Stuffed Poached Pears in a Chilli Chocolate Baskets
Serves 4 - 6
A recipe by Kelly Young
Feel free to leave comments about this recipe on our facebook page
DirectionsChilli Chocolate Baskets
1. Preheat fan bake oven to 170°C ‘or other to 200°C. Line a baking tray with baking paper and lightly grease the outside of a couple of ramekins.
2. Process the butter, flour, icing sugar and chilli chocolate sauce in a blender until smooth. Thinly spread the mixture into 6-8 cm circles.
3. Bake for 8-10 minutes or until bubbling all the way through and slightly darkening. Allow 30 seconds to cool, then turn baking paper over the ramekin and carefully peel off the baking paper to mould the baskets. Allow 5 minutes to set.
Butterscotch Stuffed Poached Pears
1. Bring all ingredients except pears to the boil in a pot. Reduce heat & simmer for 5 minutes.
2. Peel pears and cut out the base and keep to one side. Core the par with a paring knife.
3. Add pears and bases to the poaching liquid & gently simmer for 1 hour turning occasionally to ensure even colour. Let cool in the liquid which can be refrigerated & re-used.
4. Turn pears upside down and spoon in the butterscotch sauce inside. Place on the bases of the pears but don’t turn them back until you are ready to serve as the sauce will slowly run out.
5. To serve, place a scoop of your favourite vanilla ice cream and a stuffed pear into a basket and top with some butterscotch sauce.
Chilli Chocolate Basket
- 4 pears
- ½ cup sugar
- 1 cup water
- 2 cups pinot gris wine
- 1 star anise
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 1 lemon, zested
- 150g – 200g Attitude Foods Butterscotch Sauce
This is an absolutely beautiful recipe which we would recommend for any special occasion.
For a quick delish dessert we have also made the Chilli/or Just Chocolate Baskets on their own and filled them with ice-cream and fresh mango or ice-cream and fresh pineapple and strawberries. Topped off with a drizzle of any of Attitude Foods Mostly Organic Chocolate Sauces.